Re: Google will penalize mobile non-friendly sites in search results

> "Starting April 21, we will be expanding our use of mobile-friendliness
> as a ranking signal. This change will affect mobile searches in all
> languages worldwide and will have a significant impact in our search
> results."

The rank of the webpage will be decreased compared to others pages
mobile-compliant. However, if someone searches the word 'debian' in
google search engine, debian.org is still the first one. I think there
is no risk for that in the future. However others pages (like the
wiki) there are more risk to be less visible.

However, without considering the Google rating, I think it would be
good to evaluate the visits ratio from small screen (phone and small
tablet) and desktop to have an idea of it's important.
At least, I think it will be necessary to do the improvements in the future.

> I've passed the test that they offer to some Debian web pages (did some
> searches in Google, and then passed the test to the top-1 result of that
> search), with different results (see below).
>
> What to do? I have no idea, sorry.

In order to fix the warnings from Google, we mainly need to update the
CSS. A lot of them seems to be easy to fix.

> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual
>
> The links are too close together

The install manual of Jessie take care of this problem so this warning
will disappear when jessie will be the new stable. :-)

Regards,
Stéphane

--
Imprimez ce message en A2 et en couleur au moins 500 fois!
Brûlez des arbres!!

-- envoyé depuis ma centrale à charbon
Stéphane