Re: Package count on Debian homepage

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> If we decide to update this to address this info, let's update only
> https://www.debian.org/intro/about and its diff should be more like:

I don't know if the Debian website is the right place to provide
metrics about the quantity of source/binary packages in Debian.
Probably packages.debian.org/stats would be the right place if it
existed.

What about replacing all instances of specific counts of packages with
the word "thousands"? We aren't going to get to millions of packages
any time soon and we aren't going to get down to hundreds of packages
any time soon, thus "thousands" will probably always be accurate.
"Thousands" applies to both binary packages and source packages so
there will be no further discussion over that.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise