Redesigning Debian.org

Hey all,

My name is Mike, and I’m a designer (mkfnch.com) and open-source enthusiast (Founder of OpenDesign.io).  I’m currently writing a book about designing for open-source projects, and I was hoping you’d let me redesign the Debian homepage to use as a case study for the book.

I’m trying to show other designers ways of introducing themselves to open-source projects, offering help, and letting them use their design process with an open-source development team.  By letting me redesign a concept of Debian.org, the Debian community will have the opportunity to help me explore and define these best practices between design and development.

Debian is one of the most powerful operating systems in the world, and the homepage’s design looks and feels like it hasn’t had a significant update since the 90’s.  I’d love the chance to give it the visual style and user experience it deserves with your help.

Thanks very much for your time.

Mike Finch

Founder // OpenDesign