Re: Summary from the debian www/wiki BoF at DC14

Hi,

On 11-09-2014 09:16, Paul Wise wrote:
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Miguel Figueiredo wrote:

just a couple of ideas about the wiki:

* visibility on front page of www.debian.org.
  Currently dozens of links on fron tpage, but the wiki is not visible.

Good point, I've added a link to it under the documentation section in
the links.

Here's a mockup image about the placement:
https://i.imgur.com/Yl7YZMa.png

I also find having both "Mailing lists" and "Mailing lists archives" on the front page redundant. I would prefer to have both mailing list URLs together and use that space to show foruns.debian.net, which it's a known support resource (has ~500k posts of content) and/or ask.debian.net.

* visibility on {packages,tracker}.debian.org
  I would find interesting to have on each package page a link to a wiki page
where I could find relevant info/documentation on the package.

Documentation should generally be available in the package itself.
There is a patch on #264589 to link from packages.d.o to manpages.d.o
for packages with manual pages. For other kinds of documentation, we
need newer services implemented before this can be done.

The idea of pointing to the wiki is to be able to have a place for pointers to upstream/3rd party/debian specific documentation.
Also a good place for FAQs and even even information on packaging.

Just my thoughts on frontpage/wiki.

--
Melhores cumprimentos/Best regards,

Miguel Figueiredo