Re: Summary from the debian www/wiki BoF at DC14

> debian-www
> ==========
>
> * We're still using CVS for the website, which is a PITA. Git might
>   work, but for a few (potential?) problems:
>
>   + New way of working for our contributors, including translators who
>     may not cope with learning a more complex tool

Updating the documentation have to be done so they will only have to
copy-paste the new commands.

Today, CSV is a problem to get some contributors because they don't
prefer to use modern versionning system. (At least, it's the case for
one DD I met in the last DebConf.)
Of course, it's a different background from translator, so the opinion
about the migration will be different.

>   Is anybody interested enough in switching that we'll find enough
>   manpower to make the change? CVS is *horrible* (IMHO), but it's a
>   lot of work to switch.

I'm interested to migrate from CVS to whatever DVCS. Git is the most
used today so it's probably the best choice:
- more help for beginner
- advanced user has used/uses/will use Git at some point

However, I currently try to improve the rendering of the documentation
and I don't think I can do both at the same time.

--
Imprimez ce message en A2 et en couleur au moins 500 fois!
Brûlez des arbres!!

-- envoyé depuis ma centrale à charbon
Stéphane