Re: packages.debian.org

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:01:45PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> On Tue Oct 28, 2014 at 22:55:44 +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:

> > > Can you point to some specific examples?
> >
> > https://packages.qa.debian.org/s/sogo-connector.html
> > reported in https://lists.debian.org/debian-user-dutch/2014/10/msg00100.html
> > at Sun, 26 Oct 2014 00:41:21 +0200
> >
> > Meanwhile it is fixed.
> >
> > Not by me.
> >
> > This posting is to tell that it is fixed
> > and that I missed a message about it.

Okay, now there is more information what is going on
and what what could/should be do, which is good.

> > A short 'done' or 'fixed' in response to the original posting
> > would have said "it has been handled, thanks for reporting".
> > And would made it possible to close this thread,
> > to allow us to work other Debian stuff we care about.
> >

> no, it is not fixed.
>
> /usr/bin/perl -w ./bin/parse-translations --english-only currently
> hangs. When i kill this process, the rest of the packages cronjob parts
> run fine after that and update the website. If someone can find out why
> parse-translations hangs, that would be very helpful.

I have seen the request for help. What I not can see is if it only
involves getting familiar with the website build process
or it also needs getting access to the server where it runs.

In other words: When someone steps forward, what are his / her chances
to make a contribution?

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--