Re: error on Debian web page -- AGAIN (or STILL ?)

Hi,

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Oct 2014, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > On Wed, 08 Oct 2014, Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:
> > > It would be helpful if the 'Developer' page would mention the required
> > > pseudo-header line(s) and/or refer the reader to the 'Reporting' page.
> >
> > Probably the latter is the best thing.
> >
> > I'll patch it to do something along these lines shortly.
>
> I've gone ahead and made this change.

Now we have this at
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer.en.html:

Initially, a bug report is submitted by a user as an ordinary mail message
to submit@bugs.debian.org which must include a Package line (see Bug
Reporting Instructions for more information). This will then be given a
number, acknowledged to the user, and forwarded to debian-bugs-dist. If
the submitter included a Package line listing a package with a known
maintainer the maintainer will get a copy too.

Now above information contradicts itself:
1. a Package line HAS TO BE INCLUDED
	contra
2. IF a package line WAS INCLUDED, then ...

I would propose the following:

  Reporting Instructions for more information). This will then be given a
  number, acknowledged to the user, and forwarded to debian-bugs-dist. If
- the submitter included a Package line listing a package with a known
- maintainer the maintainer will get a copy too.
+ the Package line contains a package which has a known
+ maintainer, the maintainer will get a copy too.

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.2.0 under the new
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   7 . 0   W H E E Z Y !