Re: DSAs as RDF/XML

Thank you for the fast response :-)

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
About RDF, which specific ontologies do you envision for such documents
?

RDF would be nice to have, but any structured data access would be great.
The current feed is RSS.

AFAIK there are no specific security-report-ontologies out there.
DC, doap & co should provide some basic vocabulary if needed for a first try.
If someone really committed to create such an ontology: [7] is the state of the art in structured security report description (xml schema) and should provide some inspiration.

If need be, IMHO, these could/should be interlinked (Linked Data) with
the RDF packages descriptions produced by the PTS [5]

absolutely

That said, I don't have a clue how the DSA pages are generated, but
maybe you can get some hints from the security team's FAQ [6].

The security team does seem to manage the DSAs on the security tracker [8].
The RSS feed seems to be generated by wml [9][10] based on textfiles.

Probably integrating it into the security tracker would be better, because it is nearer to the data.

I could provide a quick and dirty template to get this started and if there seems enough interest also create a proper ontology + rdf template.

(If there seems to be interest in this I will cross-mail this to the security mailing list, but I don't want to bother them if its only me ;-) )

[8] https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker
[9] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/security/dsa-long.rdf.in?view=markup
[10] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/template/debian/recent_list.wml?view=markup

Best regards