Who's using Debian?

Hello,

ACAIS is a portuguese non-profit organization with focus on the senior population and started to migrate to Linux (some PCs/Laptops with Debian Wheezy and others with Ubuntu/Mint) three years ago and the results are quite positive, with notable savings when it comes to making the maintenance and repair of computer problems related to virus and others. Noted, too, is the successful adaptation on the part of our collaborators to the new operating system as well as other free productivity software that also came to be used in place of Microsoft Office applications, such as LibreOffice.

1. ACAIS, Portugal
2. Non-profit focused on the senior population
3. www.acais.org
4. Three years ago we have decided to migrate from Windows to Linux, predominantly to Ubuntu and Linux Mint. More recently we've been changing to Debian because its principles of freedom matches better with our policy. We are using Debian mostly to work with productivity applications such as LibreOffice, e-mailing and web searching.

Best Regards

Marta Caldeira

ACAIS - Associação do Centro de Apoio aos Idosos Sanjoanenses

E-mail: info@acais.org
Telefone: +351 256 835 082
Fax: +351 256 835 083

Rua dos Bombeiros Voluntários, n.º 96 | 3700-066 S. João da Madeira | Portugal