Re: templates.pot files mangled if downloaded via chromium

On Saturday 22 February 2014, at 19:43 +0100, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> [debian-www list added in CC, as I'm not sure if it's a problem of the
> i18n server, of the website or of the browser involved]
>
> Hi all!
>
> Downloading a template file from this page [1] with chromium, results in
> a somehow mangled file. The same thing happens using firefox, while the
> file can be correctly downloaded using wget.

Hi Francesca :),

I can not point you to the right conversation (in this mailing-list I
think) right now, but could it be the "old" problem of files being
gzipped twice?

I experience it with Firefox too.

To try and see if it is the same issue. Download with the browser,
gunzip, then rename it adding once again the .gz extension and gunzip a
second time. You should have then a correct .pot file.

Hope this helps,

beatrice.