Re: /srv/www.debian.org/cron for maint-guide and debian-reference

Hi,

(I made a wrong run of "sed" ... and ended up with "maiunt". I thought
fixed them all but ... missed few in comments.)

On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 06:48:30PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:

> Hi Osamu,
>
> Thanks for following up on providing the package version on www.d.o.
>
> Le 02/02/2014 10:15, Osamu Aoki a écrit :
>

> > 3. update webwml pages to match new contents such as epub
> >    http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#maint-guide
> >    http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
>
> Can you be more specific, or do you intend to take care of that?

I will post patch when I find time for these.

> > 4. remove old crufts left in the $webdir/maint-guide $webdir/debian-reference
>
> Can you be more specific?

Basically old ht,l pages are best removed all once just before running
cron.

> > +unpack()
>
> A generic function might be useful, could it also be used for (some)
> other already provided documentations?

That was the though of writing this in this shape.  But I want to limit
initial commit only for these 2 docs to limit complications.

> > +{
> > +namesrc=$1     # source package name:                      maiunt-guide
>
> (typo in comment: s/maiunt-guide/maint-guide/)

Yep.

> > +namebin=$2     # binary package name:                      maiunt-guide-fr
> > +basedir=$3     # binary package data dir. (deb, non-html): /usr/share/doc/maint-guide-fr
> > +htmldir=$4     # binary package data dir. (deb, html):     /usr/share/doc/maint-guide-fr/html
> > +lang=$5        # language name:                            en, fr, ...
>
> Hardcoding the language list is a bad idea: a sure recipe to forget

That is a good point.  It needs to checkout the latest package file ...
let me think.

> adding a new (and removing an obsolete) translation, can’t we detect it
> directly (if there is a maint-guide-* package, we want to provide the
> “*” translation)? (And yes, the developers-reference-* install bits
> should also be fixed.)

developers reference ... I guess it is better to have uniform extension
for all.  Let me think again.

> > +for page in $namesrc/$htmldir/*.html $namesrc/$htmldir/*.css $namesrc/${htmldir}/.htaccess ; do
>
> Why would .htaccess be needed?
---
AddCharset UTF-8 .txt
---

That is for plain text files.  They are all UTF-8 files.

Osamu (working in very slow motion...)