Re: http://lists.debian.org/search.html is not functional

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:

> The same underlying bug is expressed on two pages:
>   1. http://lists.debian.org/search.html
>
> Bug #670947 was filed against
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMailingLists/SearchHowto with priority
> "normal".

The Debian bug tracking system does not have the ability to record
"priority", the string "normal" refers to the severity not the
priority.

> I believe a higher priority bug should have been filed against
> http://lists.debian.org/search.html
> There should be an explicit field to identify which specific mailing list is
> to be searched.
>
> What is proper procedure get this into the bug tracking system without
> causing confusion?

The existing bug has recorded the issue, so theres no need to do
anything more for that.

If you want to get it fixed, the best way would be to mail a patch to
the bug, I would guess the lists admins are busy with other things and
would appreciate the help. I'm unable to find out where the source
code for that page is stored, you will need to ask the listmasters
before you can help out.