Re: bug about man debian-reference

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 03:03:30PM +0800, Shuge Lee wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> In this link
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ ,

This page shows pages depending on the user's browser configuration.  I
guess 李老師is using Chinese.  See  http://www.debian.org/intro/cn

> non-English documentations are outdated,

This assertion is partially correct.  Chinese is outdated for both zh-cn
and zh-tw.  Let's discuss this from the following URL:

http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference

If you click HTML links and see "(version 1)" at the top and statement of "This
translation is based on old version of Debian Reference (English, version 1.x),
well before Sat, 26 Jan 2008." at the bottom, they are old.

I kept these old pages a bit since many parts of document were valid
initially.

The current status is:

English:            new
French:             new
German:                 old
Spanish:            new
Italian:            new
Japanese:           new
Portuguese (pt):    new
Portuguese (bt-br):     old
Polish:                 old
Chinese:                old
Chinese:                old

I am planning to remove all these version 1 pages after wheezy release.
5 years are long enough.  (I removed these version 1 data from the
packaged copies but let it there without remove run on the web.)

This file removal action will make Chinese/Polish/German user see
English pages.  (German has partial translation activity on-going.  If
it become good enough, I will add it back.)

> and user can't switch to latest version by manual,

If no one updates translation, we do not have them.
If we have newer ones, we can switch to English

> I think it should show language-switcher in navigation bar or footer bar.

Yes, it may be idea to have link to http://www.debian.org/intro/cn in
each page.  (But this will be Debian web page specific customization
away from package.  Besides, these are just there without cleaning run.
The source is removed and lives only in SVN.)

> Thanks a million for improve it.

No problem.  Calling to gather