Re: size of Wheezy images

Hi,

Le 06/05/2013 13:46, Holger Wansing a écrit :
> Simon Paillard <spaillard@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 10:21:45PM +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:

>>> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/index.en.html
>>> says, that a netinst CD image is typically 135-175 MB large.
>>> While the Wheezy netinst CD image for i386 is 277MB.
>>>
>>> Probably that numbers need an update?
>>> I did not check any further...
>>
>> Sorted by size, and website updated (excluding multiarch size that is double
>> size obviously).
>>
>> 151M	./armhf/iso-cd/debian-7.0.0-armhf-netinst.iso
[…]
>> 278M	./i386/iso-cd/debian-7.0.0-i386-netinst.iso
>> 487M	./multi-arch/iso-cd/debian-7.0.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso
>>
>> PS: Holger, don't you have commit right on www ?
>
> Yes, I have, indeed.
> But, sorry, I didn't wanted to change that without asking on debian-www.

Sure, and thanks for asking. Let me try to rephrase what Simon meant
(AFAIU): “Thanks for spotting this, agreed it needs to be fixed, here
are the relevant data. Since you have commit access, can you please
handle it?”

> And, additionally to that, I was short on time yesterday evening.

No worry, take your time. Looks like all www-people are pretty short on
time these days, playing the fire·wo·men in fixing and adding stuff with
the release of Wheezy, some of us are even short on sleep, so apologies
for the sometimes short and directive (or even a bit irritated) tone
used these days, and keep up the good job.

David (also a translator, who began not so long ago to fix some stuffs
in english/, made mistakes, fixed his own mistakes, etc. and received
comments from others, and now tries to help others contributors too)

Cheers

David