Re: Debian Policy 3.9.4.0 planned for 2012-09-04

Hi Russ,

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 08:47:39AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I plan on uploading version 3.9.4.0 of the debian-policy package on
> 2012-09-04.  The target for this release is to incorporate accumulated
> fixes that catch Policy up to current behavior and current practices.
> Since we're in release freeze at the moment, I don't intend to pursue, for
> this release, changes that contradict current practice except for the
> implementation of the Technical Committee ruling on the
> build-arch and build-indep targets.

> If anyone has any Policy bugs that they feel meet that criteria and would
> like to resolve before the next upload, now is the time to try to make
> forward progress on them.

> I think the following Policy bugs meet that criteria and have proposed
> wording and are just waiting for additional seconds:

> #106073 recommend installing <package> docs into /usr/share/doc/<package>/
> #542288 Versions for native packages, NMU's, and binary only uploads
> #640263 Clarify 9.9 - Environment variables
> #648271 11.8.3 says xterm passes -e option straight to exec
> #671355 [debconf] document escape capability

I would like to suggest #591791 be added to this list.  This is already
implemented in the archive in startpar/sysvinit/debhelper, so this is now a
matter of documenting existing practice and documenting the correct
constraints on the use of upstart jobs in packages, which I think meets your
criteria.

Thanks,