Re: debian wiki BoF at DebConf

Steve McIntyre wrote:
Hi folks,

Here's a summary of what we discussed in the debian wiki BoF [1] last
week (13th July). Thanks to the awesome efforts of the DebConf video
team, the video of the session is already online [2] in case you
missed it. I've also attached the Gobby notes that were taken during
the session. Again, thanks to the people who took part - we had a very
useful discussion.

[...]

Thank you Steve and everyone.

   Performance bugs
   There was a silly design bug (#668000) in the page save code in
   moin that caused a massive slowdown. Every time a page was saved,
   the code would have to check config for all the wiki users to see
   which user(s) had requested notifications. At its worst, this was
   adding up to a minute to the time needed to save pages. We've taken
   and adapted a patch originally developed by the Gnome wiki admins to
   add a cache here, and it's made a huge difference.

Yay!