Re: Lenny release info: wrong release date

On 20/04/12 09:43 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
Debian GNU/Linux *5.0.10* was released March 10th, 2012.

That being said, I do see the confusion. Maybe it would be better (for obsolete releases) to say:

    Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.10, the last update to "lenny", was released
    March 10th, 2012. The release included many major changes,
    described in our press release and the Release Notes.

And that makes a somewhat better segue to the second sentence which really is talking about lenny as a whole, not just this point release. (Consider the documents the links point at, which have little, if anything, to do with the point release.)

Compare this with the text for "squeeze" which we worked on recently:

    Debian 6.0.4 was released January 28th, 2012. Debian 6.0.0 was
    initially released on February 6th, 2011. The release included many
    major changes, described in our press release and the Release Notes.

For consistency, shouldn't the lenny page mention the date of the initial release, too?

Ben