Re: wiki.debian.org is extremely slow

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 01:42:40PM +0300, Adrian Fita wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was browsing and correcting things here-and-there on the Debian
> Wiki and I noticed that the Preview and Save are EXTREMELY slow. It
> takes more than 7 minutes to save! Don't know if anybody else
> reported this before, but it makes the Wiki almost unusable.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Fita Adrian

Not as much as 7 min., but it is getting slower and slower.

Unless we change web page serving scheme, as the site get more popular,
it will be difficult to get server to cope with many page serving
request while serving CPU intensive work for us to update its content.

I do not know how but it may be high time to impliment mirroring static
pages to many sites while redirecting edit requests to a different
central server.

Any volunteer with kowledge to do this is what we need.

Osamu