Re: Debian website redirect issue

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:
Matt Wirth <dreikin@gmail.com>
> I've been trying over several days to get to the debian.org website, but
> keep getting a circular redirect.  This issue also affects many (but not
> all) sub-pages (including the bug tracker).
>
> Any idea on when a fix is coming? (or if it's not a problem with the
> website?)

Not sure if it's a problem or not, but it works for me.  Are you
able to debug it further from your connection?

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef

Hmm.  Okay.
Not quite sure what to do for that, but I can try.  This is what wget reports for me:

wget debian.org
--2012-03-30 19:17:42--  http://debian.org/
Resolving debian.org... 128.31.0.51, 206.12.19.7
Connecting to debian.org|128.31.0.51|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://www.debian.org/ [following]
--2012-03-30 19:17:52--  http://www.debian.org/
Resolving www.debian.org... 202.134.73.139, 2607:f8f0:610:4000:211:25ff:fec4:5b28
Connecting to www.debian.org|202.134.73.139|:80... connected.
--2012-03-30 19:17:58--  http://www.debian.org/
Reusing existing connection to www.debian.org:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://www.debian.org/ [following]
--2012-03-30 19:17:58--  http://www.debian.org/
Reusing existing connection to www.debian.org:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://www.debian.org/ [following]

[More of the same snipped]

20 redirections exceeded.