volatile is dead. Long live stable-update

Hi,

The end of Lenny leads to the end of volatile [1]. Even if I understand
the value of keeping, for historical purpose, information about old
releases [2] or old issues [3], I'm not sure there is any benefit
keeping (misleading) information about a not any more maintained suite.
The volatile part [4] of the website is about presenting something
superseded by stable-update, a team [5] that non longer exists, and
technical mirror informations [6,7] that are handled elsewhere [8,9,10]
(and some more useless data [11,12]).

I'd be in favor of removing everything, maybe just keeping the index
page [4] once removed the useless information (it would be pretty slim)
and redirect all the /volatile/* pages to it, or even better, remove all
the /volatile directory and redirect its content to an accurate page
like the replacement announcement [13] (or a better page yet to be found
or written about stable-updates).

Please, share your thoughts about that. If nobody answers, I'll take it
as an acknowledgement and will handle the redirection to the news [13]
once volatile is actually closed or Lenny archived (or sooner if I
receive formal acknowledgements).

  1: http://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile-announce/2012/msg00000.html
  2: http://www.debian.org/releases/hamm/
  3: http://www.debian.org/y2k/