Installation & Live CD

This is just a bit of feedback from my perspective.  I love Debian, and
have used it for years, but I have a few comments about the state of
affairs as they stand right now.

First, you are doing a great disservice to the project by separating the
installation and live cd into two different downloads, and by burying
the live cd into sub-pages.  If you really want people to test Debian
and then install right away, you would make a live cd that can install
right away, and have a link to that image right off the front page,
rather than make people search for it, which only works if they know to
begin with that they must search for it.

One other comment, the installation interface looks like it came from
the 1980's, with 8-bit graphics, which also doesn't install confidence.
I am not proposing a brain-dead "Unity" or "Gnome 3.x" approach, just
saying that a 1980's interface will simply turn away all but the most
hard core user.

I'm only providing this feedback because I love Debian and understand
that the more acceptance it has, the more freedom the developers have to
create a truly powerful and useful OS.  Without a lot of "buy in,"
Debian will be relegated to only a small fringe of users.  If that is
your use model, well then I understand, but this means that dumbed down
OS' like Ubuntu will win the race, which is ultimately a detriment to
anyone that is interested in an OS that lends to productivity.

KEK