Re: Upcoming stable point release

On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 13:12 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The next point release for "squeeze" (6.0.4) is scheduled for Saturday
> January 28th.  Stable NEW will be frozen during the preceeding weekend
> (21st/22nd).
>
> As usual, base-files can be uploaded at any point before the freeze.
>
> If there is a further kernel update planned for inclusion in the point
> release, it would be ideal if that could be uploaded over the coming
> weekend so that we can look at finalising the installer later next week.

There are some more important changes pending, including a fix for a
regression in 2.6.32-40 (currently in stable-proposed-updates).  I can
probably make an upload this weekend, but cannot promise that a further
upload will not be needed.  We need some testing of the isci driver
(added in 2.6.32-40) and more generally regression testing.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
When in doubt, use brute force. - Ken Thompson