Re: Patch for the CD FAQ

On Wednesday 11 January 2012 03:32:31 Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 01:07:01PM +0200, George Danchev wrote:
> >Hi,

Hi,

> >Here goes my third version of the patch aiming to address the verification
> >of burnt optical media, as well as the downloaded iso images. Thanks to
> >taffit for the feedback given on #debian-www irc channel.
> >
> >The -diff from previous version is:
> >* the whole entry is now renamed to: "How can I verify the downloaded ISO
> >images and burnt optical media"
> >* more exhaustive and user-friendly explanations, as well as examples.
> >* fix my erroneous wml code.
> >
> >I also thought of splitting the entry in two, 'ISO images' vs. 'optical
> >media', but the common portion dominates the specifics, so I think it is
> >more logical to keep them into one single entry instead of duplicating
> >text in separate entries.
> >
> >[1] attached is an improved version: verify-faq.3.diff.
>
> Apologies for the extended delay. I've just merged your patch and
> tweaked slightly - please check that you're happy with the result.

JFYI, I'm absolutely happy with the result and thanks for your tweaking.

P.S. Until we find a better home for check_debian_iso script (as mentioned in
the CD/faq), I think it is a good idea to have at least one DD-signature next
to it, so I did, after reading/testing it of course... *.asc is to be found at
the same location.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>