Re: Request for removing email address from public webpage

"Ellen W." <zeepvrij@gmail.com>
> Thanks for your answer and lecture, Raf. I never gave permission to publish
> my email address on a public webpage. I don't want spam bots to find my
> email address. And I don't have anything to do with this mailing list.
> There are no other sites on the internet where this email address is
> published, no mirror sites. [...]

Yahoo is a pretty big target.  Spammers brute-force guess lots of
email addresses there.  Scoundrels listen for @yahoo on public
internet connections so if anyone emails you from one without
encryption, your email address can be recorded and sold to spam lists.
And so on and so forth.  Email addresses are very hard to keep secret
because you need people to know them in order to email you.

The email previously mentioned is also published on mirror sites like
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user.german/236170
with a fairly easy-to-collect address - I suspect there are many other
similar mirrors around.  That email address is public now.  Once the
toothpaste is out of the tube, it's very hard to put it back in.

Maybe this is a good opportunity to leave Yahoo.fr and its broken
approach to anti-spam, to move to something with decent user-controlled
anti-spam.  Sadly, I don't know about .fr email hosts though.

Hope that informs,