Re: Naming Debian Versions on debian.org web site.

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 09:52:07PM +0100, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> I've been using Debian since 2.x, but recently I was confused by (missing)
> namings on the debian web site:
>
> 1. Main Page http://www.debian.org/ (German):
>
> [10. Nov 2012] Helfen Sie uns bei der "Wheezy"-Veröffentlichung: Nehmen Sie an unserem BSP-Marathon teil
> [29. Sep 2012] Debian 6.0 aktualisiert: 6.0.6 veröffentlicht
>
> Last message speaks of "wheezy" (rhyming to squeeze, confusingly) which is 7.0
> Below, Debian 6.0 is mentioned, but neither here nor in the
>
> 2. Download area http://www.debian.org/distrib/
> the code name "Squeeze" is not used. There, not
> even the version number is printed.
>
> I think, as we don't want to loose interested users
> on the very first step, it should be discussed to
> mention always both version number and code name.

I quite agree, but I wonder whether users may be lost if we both display
"squeeze 6.0.2" and "squeeze 6.0.5" (for example).

> What is your impression?

That such interesting remark should be sent to the relevant -www list (the one
indicated in the website footer).

--
Simon Paillard