Found some (more) missing linked content

Hi all,

During my latest visits to wiki.d.o/Presentations I found more and more
404's when trying to see some slides.

I have two suggestions:

1. There should exist (or explicitly designate) a storage server for all
debian-related works. It should have DD r/w access and be readable by
the public, I guess. The files linked in the wiki or other -www related
sites should stay in one place and be always accesible.

2. All (spotted) owners of not found materials should be noticed to
upload their files (if they have them anymore) to the new server or send
them to someone who has r/w access.

This or a similar solution will save the visitors a lot of frustration.

Recently (a few hrs ago) I was searching for some past presentation
materials, slides, ideas, something to give me some inspiration for my
upcoming event. I was a bit annoyed to have almost half of my clicks
directed to some 404 page.

* Zack - (almost) all your presentations are 404'd because of some file
relocation, I guess.
* rhonda - one missing presentation, old and maybe subject to link
removal [1][2]

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Presentations#A2003
[2] http://alfie.ist.org/debian/mgp/Debian_-_Was_ist_das/

I hope you realize this is not a slides-related issue, but it affects
any *.d.o page that has linked content instead of attachments. We can
avoid that by providing a space for hosting those linked file, where no
one will ever disturb them.

I hope I'm not too ambitious proposing this, and I don't mean to annoy
anyone. I just want things to work well :-)

P.S.: I have just found zack's slides [3], I will add them to their
corresponding items soon (sadly, no more sources). I see there are more
PDFs not present on the wiki, I'll be happy to add them if someone
points me anywhere I can get the details from.

[3] http://upsilon.cc/~zack/talks/

--
. o .
. . o     Victor Nițu