Re: Debian i18n sprint "towards i18n.debian.org" - new status

Quoting Martin Zobel-Helas (zobel@debian.org):
> Hi Christian,
>
> can you specifiy for which exact tasks you need DSA on-site? Is this
> just for consultation or will the DSA on-site have work to do for two
> days?

It is quite certainly mostly for consultation *and* good advice.

I think we might benefit from some expertise-level advice when it
comes at good practices and good ways to organize our crap^W stuff....

So, if that's too much hassle, having someone "dedicated" to being
there on IRC while we work on stuff, is certainly already great....but
I suspect that "informal" discussions with the DSA representative at
the meeting would also lead to great ideas for improvements.

> I looked into travel expenses for me (i can't promise yet if i will come
> at all), this would be around 170-250 EUR, depending day and way of
> travel.
>
> I just would like to avoid traveling to Paris if my real work load on
> i18n stuff for that weekend is only 3-6h while you guys meet 3d
> Then I would rather stay at home and online, with dedicated time for
> this sprint.
>
> (Paris is a nice city and I would love to visit Palais du Louvre, but i
> fear Leader will not pay my travel expenses for sightseeing in Paris).

I roughly think it's worththe expense but, as you can read, I can't
give exact arguments for this.....just a rough feeling that live
meeting would help.