Re: Website build error?

[ Resend, the previous one seemed to be absorbed by gmane ]

Note: I did something silly and the OpenSearch plugin link is currently
broken. The fix will trigger another full rebuild in an hour.

Le 07/04/2012 08:08, Holger Wansing a écrit :

>> The tasks are on git [4]. Not sure lessoften is worth fixing (i18n.d.n
>> shouldn't be offline), but I'm happy to reconsider (and accept patches
>> with even greater pleasure).
>>
>>   4: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debwww/cron.git;a=summary
>
> As i18n.d.n is still a bigger problem,

I'd like to be optimist, and hope the move of i18n.d.n from Spain to
Sweden that should happen in about two months will make it more
reliable, and ultimately its move under DSA authority (i18n.d.o) won't
take too long.

> that jobs could be moved to
> the end of lessoften, so that all other jobs are processed for sure?

Well, a prettier fix would be to check (validate and tidy) only the
updated files (with a Makefile logic): it's pointless to recheck the
whole website every time, while only a few files change after a rebuild
(except the rare case when a full rebuild is triggered, as now). Doing
so (proper validate and tidy targets) would allow us to push back those
checks inside the normal run (I temporally moved them from often to
lessoften [1] because those checks are so long that the often cronjob
took usually more than four hours since wolkenstein has been updated to
Squeeze [2]).

> 	1 : http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debwww/cron.git;a=commit;h=60f1f43dce9703af3c19758d2bc3fb1d1cf0d414

Another crappier fix would be to run those checks in background after
cron/parts/4webwml but if we do so, I'm afraid we'll never take care of
the proper fix ;-).

Regards

David

P.-S.: an underlying problem here is caused by some performance issues
with isoquery |2], but that might also be fixed with a single isoquery
call to begin with, in order to feed a Perl hash with the data, and use
this hash during the webwml build (instead of calling isoquery for each
page)…

	2 : http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=649675#25