Re: Formatting suggestion for Debian Project News' similar sections

Hi Francesca,

> Sure. I'm working on a patch for this: the idea is basically replace the
> paragraphs which have (almost) identical text in every issue, with a pre
> defined tag + specific variables (similar to what you propose).
> And then, provide gettext strings for all this tags, in order to have
> them automagically replaced by gettext with the translated text.

Thank you so much!

> I've already done the first part, while I'm having some problems with the
> second one, for a specific tag.
> I'm stuck in trying to resolve this problem, and then the patch will be ready.
> I'll not be able to work on it before next Tuesday, so I attach here the
> patch (in case someone wants to dig into it :) ).

Instead of this,

<wnpp link="http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/02/msg00710.html";
 orphaned="409"
 rfa="142" />

how about this?

<wnpp2
 link="http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/02/msg00710.html";
 link-orphaned="$(DEVEL)/wnpp/orphaned"
 link-rfa="$(DEVEL)/wnpp/rfa"
 link-help_requested="$(DEVEL)/wnpp/help_requested"
 orphaned="409"
 rfa="142"
 />

As you know, wml generates static file by 9 steps (p1_ipp, p2_mp4h,
...). p1_ipp extracts "$(DEVEL)" to "../../../../devel/", after that
p2_mp4h evaluates gettext tag. So, msgid string in po file

disagrees with the extracted string in wml file

Please find attached files (dpn.defs.new, patch.zou.new,
cvs-debian-wml-reproduce.sh).

Regards,
AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke
--