Inquiry of Debian Installation

Dear Sir.

I have a few questions about debian installation.

Already I installed debian 5.0.2 in serveral other PC a few month ago. And there is no problem to install debain 5.0.2.

But I recently tried to install the debian in another PC. When downloading  from FTP mirror site, I think there are some problems.

Although I tried to access each mirror site such ftp.us.debian.org, ftp.kr,debian.org, etc.,  installation does not proceed anymore in step of congifure the package manage..

Also, to update desktop environment, I entered a command as follows.

"sudo apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment ......"

But results are as follows.

"Fail to fetch http://mirrors kernel.org/debian/pool/main/..."

"E:Unable to fetch some archievs, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?"

Of course, the internet is connected.

I'm not sure what to do. So I'd like to pick your brain.

Thank you in advance for your answers to my queries. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Elaine SoYoung Yeo

Senior Research Engineer

ICT Certification Lab.

Green New Business Development Team,

Green Strategy Department, CTO, LG Electronics

Tel  :  +82-2-526-4236

Fax :  +82-2-526-4801

Mobile : +82-10-2309-3580