Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "Python/FAQ" by StefanoRivera

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> wrote:
> On Jun 28, 2011, at 07:42 PM, anatoly techtonik wrote:
>
>>My geeky nature is eager to learn about these "less desirable design
>>aspects" to see if they were really addressed, and what is the
>>consensus of dh_python2, because practice shows that it is unlikely to
>>be better than its three predecessors without some sacrifice. It will
>>be even more interesting to see overview and a comparison for the new
>>solution if it doesn't sacrifice anything at all. ,)
>
> I'm rather sleep deprived so I don't have the energy to rehash this, but do
> some spelunking on debian-python archives.  It's been pretty well hashed out
> there.
>
> -Barry
>
> (BTW, why did you redirect this to debian-www from debian-python?)

I am actually replying to notifications on your Wiki edits.
Unfortunately I don't have time to read debian-python archives either,
so if you don't have a link - np. Just know that there are people, who
are curious if new solution will solve problems they had with
packaging of Python software under Debian. So if you by chance run
across the link and put in on Wiki - it surely will be appreciated.
--
anatoly t.