Re: Language setting

Hi Marco,

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 01:20:53PM +0100, Marco Sansottera wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Ok, now I can understand the problem, it was a "naive" question!
>
> I have another question  (I do not know if this is  the right place to
> ask), I am a collaborator of the project Debianitalia
> (http://www.debianitalia.org/).  The aim of Debianitalia is to spread
> the use of Debian in Italy and to help people using Debian.
>
> We have a News section and we often translate the Debian News, see for example:
>
> http://www.debianitalia.org/news/debian/rilasciata-debian-60-squeeze
> http://www.debianitalia.org/news/debian/debian-volatile-sostituiti-da-nuovi-archivi-di-aggiornamenti
>
> and many more.

Wow, good job!

>We want to know if (and how) it's possible to
> contribute to Debian.org sending the translations of the articles that
> are not yet been translated.

Contribute to Debian isn't only possible, but very welcome! :)
If you - and other members of debianitalia.org - are interested in translating
news the right place to speak about it is the italian translators mailing
lists: debian-l10n-italian@lists.debian.it
We (as italian translation team) also do a weekly translation sprint online,
usually on thursday night, to translate collectively some webpages (info for
this week -> http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-italian/2011/02/msg00039.html
): it is a way to have fun together and contribute to Debian in the same time.

Cheers,
Francesca