How to list CD vendors selling unofficial DVD with firmwares

(Keep me in CC please)

Hi,

I just submitted a new entry for the CD vendors list and would like to
raise a few issues.

First of all, it refused the accented character in my name (invalid data
in submission form).

Then I have made the choice to sell unofficial DVD that includes
firmwares. How are we supposed to deal with that?

I'm pretty sure some people will want to not list those vendors and it
would make the FSF uncomfortable, but on the other hand there will be
users seeking for those discs.

I would thus suggest to add a new column to differentiate vendors that
sell:
- only official images
- only unofficial images
- both

BTW I submitted my entry for the United States because that's where the discs
are produced and shipped from. But I'm French... I hope it's ok.

I would suggest to have a section "International" where all vendors that ship
world-wide are listed together with a Location column. That way a user
looks up his own country first, and then goes to the international section
if there was none suitable in his country. We could thus spare the
"Ship International" column and add the new one suggested above instead.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)