deprecated http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors (was: Re: Information on incoming.debian.org)

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:09:24AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Jan Christoph Uhde asked:
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/resources.html#incoming-system
> > this page says packages in incoming are verified by a script called Katie.
> > And has been approved by a FTP master. It seems to me that there is not
> > much of checking on packages in incoming before they go to the pool.
> >
> > While http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors
> > states that the packages are totally unverified and should not be used.
> >
> > What is the exact behavior of the system?
>
> This isn't quite a website maintenance question, but I think the pages
> under http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ are generated
> from the package of that name, while the page
> http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors looks like information
> from either ftpmaster or mirrors.  So, I'd suggest asking either
> debian-mirrors@lists.debian.org or maybe debian-devel@lists.debian.org
> to find out which is the right story and then ask us to change
> http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors if needed.
>
> Maybe most of http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors should be
> replaced by a pointer to the developers-reference explanation anyway?

There is no internal link from the website to that page anymore, so let's just
remove the incoming_mirrors page (no change since 11 years..).
Only web search engines still fetch that page.

And we already have good rank for the right pages regarding incoming (devref +
incoming.d.o), so no need for a redirect IMO.

--
Simon Paillard