Re: git-buildpackage documentation is not available on www.d.o

On 10/23/2011 09:11 AM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Oct 2011, David Prévot wrote:
>> What does the documentation team think about shipping this documentation
>> in the doc part of the website, if Guido agrees?
> I don't think it makes much sense. We have many Debian specific tools
> whose documentation is not on www.debian.org.
> I don't see what would make git-buildpackage different from the lintian
> manual, or the svn-buildpackage manual.
> The documentation is already embedded in the package and that's where we
> expect people to get it from usually.

The reason for wanting to read it online is that I assumed that there
might be a newer version online (the one from sid, as opposed to the one
from stable), than on disk.

But completely independently from this problem, file:// URLs are - afaik
- forbidden due to their security effects (what if JavaScript would eg.
access /etc/passwd?). I tried with Firefox and Opera, and neither opened
that link from the web page. This means that all such links will be
dead, from the user experience.

Kind regards,