Re: Feedback to Wiki-Article "DebianEeePCModel1101HA"

On 10/09/11 01:32 PM, Matthias Ehmann wrote:
> I really had a hard time figuring out how to get a xorg.conf... so I
> would suggest to change this article and to add some information on how
> to create an xorg.conf.
> Just something like this:
>
> - open a terminal as root (type 'su' in a normal users terminal)
> - type 'Xorg :1 -configure' - this creates a file xorg.conf.new with
> current settings
> - type 'cp xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf'
> - reboot the system
>
> This info would have saved me a lot of time for research - I would be
> glad if you could add this info.

The people on this list (debian-www) are not responsible for these
pages. They are the collected wisdom of users and developers alike who
have placed the material there in hopes that it will be useful to
someone. It is the nature of wikis that they are only as good as the
contributions of those who use them. If you find something needs
updating, then be bold! Register an account and make the changes
yourself. You needn't fear that the changes you make are wrong. If those
who care about the pages you modify see something wrong, they'll jump in
and fix it.

Please follow up any discussion to the
debian-eeepc-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org mailing list, as they (we, as
I am on the team :) are the team responsible for looking after the needs
of eeepc users in Debian.

Ben