Re: Quote usage in gettexted WML

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 22:41:45 +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> -=| Jeroen Schot, Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 12:27:57PM +0200 |=-
> > I don't think you can put unescaped double quotation marks in
> > gettext strings because they are delimited by double quotation marks
> > in the po file. Other files already use the same format, see
> > english/template/debian/wnpp.wml for example.
>
> Sure you can have double quotes in gettext strings, the extraction
> routine should escape them as usual.

I think we are misunderstanding each other, could you provide an
example of such a gettext string?

My point is: stats_tags.wml and legal.wml are using a different
'format' from all other gettexted template wml files and require
different escaping for translators. To me this seems unwanted and easy
to fix.

In the mean time I worked around the problem by using the ‘proper’
Unicode punctuation character in stats.nl.po.

Regards,
--
Jeroen Schot