Re: Searching for Packages fails to easily due to high number of results at http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=search

Hi Florian,

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 03:50:20PM +0200, Florian Attenberger wrote:
> I just tried to search for "linux-image": No results, search term to
> generic.

Which url is used ?
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=linux-image for me displays 100
first results.

> Then i restrict my search by selecting an arch from the list below:
> fails again with the same result.

It's http://packages.debian.org/search?arch=i386&keywords=linux-image with the
same kind of output.

Could you please give me the URL you used ?

> Searching for something like "linux-image amd64" gives me the
> expected result though, as does searching for a specific kernel like
> "linux-image-2.6.38"
>
> I can understand that there needs to be a threshold at which point
> the numer of results is to high to be displayed, however there needs
> to be an obvious way to search for the latest kernel too.

If you basically wanted to know the kernel version used in each Debian version,
we could add it to http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/

Regards,

--
Simon Paillard