Re: CVS webwml/english/CD/vendors

Hi,

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > > +        contacturl="mailto:hertzog@debian.org"; />
>
> If I may add, w.d.o/consultants/info has this:
>
> ,----
> | Rules for Debian developers
> | You are not allowed to use your official @debian.org address for the consultant listing.
> | If you'd like to provide a URL, you cannot use an official *.debian.org domain.
> | This is required by the DMUP.
> `----
>
> I assume similar restrictions apply for selling disks. If the DMUP has
> changed in the meantime to allow this please advise in order to update
> that page.

Thank you for the notice, I fixed the entry to use my private email.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, David Prévot wrote:
> > I'm not doing anything behind the back of the team.
>
> The information stated earlier is that Francesca is currently processing
> the CD vendors requests, and that self-advertising is not a polite way
> to proceed.

What I was trying to say is that nobody of the cdvendors team objected to
the addition and simply gave reasons why it was not _yet_ done. Thus I tried
to help for my specific case. If anyone of the cdvendors@ team has
problems with my entry, they are free to drop it/modify it/ask me to fix
something.

BTW, someone of the team should update the listing on
http://www.debian.org/intro/organization the cdvendors@ team/alias only
lists:
- Craig Small
- Richard Atterer

Neither Simon Paillard nor Francesca are listed (and I could not guess for
Francesca).

> In order to be listed as an official vendor, could you please provide
> this image in a separate page that could be used as a link from the
> Debian website? Links from the official CD vendor page of the official
> Debian website should not redirect to unofficial image without proper
> prior mention on the Debian website, your previous commit is not
> acceptable as is.

I agree that some information should be added to inform that most
images are unofficial. For now I have put it in the architecture field
that way:
"official: multi-arch; unofficial: multi-arch, amd64, i386"

But I don't agree on the principle of hiding the unofficial images just
for the sake of it. BTW, the page http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/info
explicitly mentions "Produce your own custom CDs" as valid way for CD
vendors to sell Debian CD. And I don't use "Official Debian CD" anywhere
except for the official multi-arch one.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer