Re: CVS webwml/english/CD/vendors

Hi Martin,

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> a) even though that you have commit access its a matter of politeness to
> not advertise oneself on the debian.org website. Please let someone else
> from the team commit. About three days ago Francesca Ciceri started to
> dispatch the cd-vendors alias, so should would have done in the next
> days anyway (or contacted you).

I have contacted cdvendors@ last week about my entry (that I submitted in
February) and got answers from Craig Small who said he did not receive the
initial mail (I sent back the details a second time) and then an answer
from Simon Paillard who told me this:
| This works, it's just almost no one receive the cdvendors many mails, I'm VAC
| because of injury at the right hand and cannot process the backlog.

And when I committed this, I replied to Simon and kept the cdvendors@ in copy
telling him:
| Ok, I'll save you time, I have added myself and tested with "make
| index.en.html" that I have not broken the page.
|
| $ cvs commit vendors.CD
| /cvs/webwml/webwml/english/CD/vendors/vendors.CD,v  <--  vendors.CD
| new revision: 1.462; previous revision: 1.461

I'm not doing anything behind the back of the team.

> b) You are selling unofficial images, which are not the images we
> provide jigdo files for. Your images are modified versions of the
> official images. That should be either marked on the debian.org website
> or this entry should be delisted.

I also sell the official Multi-Arch image, see at the end of the list.
http://kunaki.com/accounting/ShowproductDetail.asp?PID=PX00ZGH4XW
(some people requested it to me)

I agree it would be nice if the listing was improved, I made a few suggestions
in http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/02/msg00439.html but nobody acted
on it. And I don't really feel like changing it by myself. That would be
going over my responsibility.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer