Re: debianuserforums.org - new debian support forum

Jon Dowland wrote:
> I am curious as to why you have forked.  Can you point me at an existing
> forum or mailing list thread of web page detailing the history?

Appears to be personality conflicts/politics.

http://www.debianuserforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68

It's unfortunate that Debian doesn't have an official forum curated by
Debian. That's probably why whatever unfortunate stuff that goes on is
going on.

May want to think twice before linking to a site that contains this kind
of thing:

http://www.debianuserforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=144

Recommendation: Either keep forums.debian.net, or if it has attracted a
problem community, remove it and list only debianHELP and ask.debian.net,
which both have structures to avoid this type of problem.

--
see shy jo