Re: proposed banner for homepage, release squeeze.

I think the aesthetic sense of highly technical people is very interesting. There does seem to be a consistent aversion to highly graphical, consumer oriented sites (ie. ubuntu.com, fedoraproject.org). I'm curious, how do sites like Ubuntu and Fedora make you "feel"? What does the highly polished interface suggest that makes it feel negative?

I'm technical myself and could take a guess but I would be very interested to hear it in your own words.

Thanks,
Ean