Re: News boilerplates

On Mon, January 24, 2011 09:21, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> [Subscribed only to debian-www]

Likewise.

[...]
>     The Debian Project is an association of Free Software developers
>     who volunteer their time and effort in order to produce the
>     completely free operating systems Debian GNU/Linux.
>
> I think "systems" on the last line should be "system". Digging through
> the old stable update news releases, it seems to me that the source of
> the misspelling is the removal of " and Debian GNU/Hurd" from the end
> in 2006. I have already fixed the text on the website (keeping current
> translations current).

fwiw, the text in question comes from a template maintained by the Release
Team. I've updated it with that correction; thanks.  We're probably going
to need to update it again once the first point release including kFreeSBD
packages appears, of course.

> It is interesting that other news releases use a larger "About Debian"
> paragraph:
[...]
> Maybe you'd want to merge these?

That sounds like it could be a good idea.  If we're going to have a
standard form of the paragraph, I think it's probably better if the press
team decide that and we can update the point release template to match.

Regards,

Adam