Re: events@d.o contact point: letting others know and documentation

[ re-sent, as requested by Luca Capello ]

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 10:53:58PM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> > - Having a look at <http://www.debian.org/misc/merchandise> and
> >   <http://www.debian.org/events/booth>. I bet they are in need of some
> >   update ...
<snip>
> - <http://wiki.debian.org/Marketing>
> - <http://wiki.debian.org/Merchandise>
> - <http://wiki.debian.org/Promote>
>
> Before starting any work, I asked on the debian-www mailing list for the
> best place to discuss about events@ and once I have got an answer I will
> post a (sort of) RoadMap:

As a random suggestion, I believe that -publicity would be a very good
place to discuss this kind of stuff. I believe so for several reasons,
such as: (1) the interest of people there in promoting Debian in various
ways, including presence at events and whatnot; (2) the scope of the
above links, which seem all to fall into advertising Debian; (3) the
activity and clear focus of that list (IMHO).

For what concern the relationships with -www and events@d.o, they are
surely undeniable. OTOH it seems to me that it would be enough to have
on board someone who bridges the two "worlds".

Keep up the good work!
Cheers.