problem with DPN footer in italian translation

Hi all,
I'm a member of italian l10n team and I have a little problem with the editor
footer of DPN pages: as you can see here [1] or here [2] sometimes, in the
italian translation of DPN, the editor footer doesn't compile well.
I think that the correct behaviour of the footer is to generate, from the
variable $EDITOR, the link <a href="mailto:foo@debian.org";;>$EDITOR</a> but in
those pages the footer looses the <a href="mailto: and the </a> parts.

So, I've taken a look at webwml/english/template/debian/projectnews/footer.wml
but... I don't know how to fix the problem (neither if the problem is here).

Any hints are welcome! :D
Thank you,

Francesca

[1] http://www.debian.org/News/project/2010/08/index.it.html