Re: broken links

	Hi!

* Kumar Appaiah <a.kumar@alumni.iitm.ac.in> [2010-03-08 14:53:16 CET]:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 02:36:32PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > * Alexander Wagner <alexander.wagner@ndsu.edu> [2010-03-04 18:50:48 CET]:
> > > None of the links in http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/releasenotes
> > > seem to be working.
> >
> >  That is because squeeze hasn't been released yet and isn't in the phase
> > of getting released yet. The release notes are getting written shortly
> > before the release, the page is there rather just as a staging area at
> > this state of the release.
>
> Couldn't they be un-linked, or lead to placeholder files, rather than
> 404s till the actual documents land there?

 Please see the top of the page:

,------------------------------> quote <------------------------------
| This is a *work-in-progress version* of the Release Notes for Debian
| GNU/Linux 6.0, codename squeeze, which isn't released yet. The
| information presented here might be inaccurate and outdated and is
| most likely incomplete.

 That part is there on intention. The page is meant as a staging area,
and the empty table below also gives a hint that it isn't there yet.
I really don't see the big deal with this. Having empty pages as place
holders doesn't gain much IMHO and depending on the way of deployment
could rather cause more troubles in the end than good.

 Thanks,
Rhonda