Re: Updating translations on trivial fix

Le 11/12/2010 13:05, Helge Kreutzmann a écrit :
> Hello David,

Hi Helge (sorry for misspelling your name previously),

>> You just fixed a non-issue in
>> english/devel/debian-accessibility/index.wml 1.10: “Add missing </li>”
>> which is not mandatory in HTML 4.01.
>
> Well, the entire file used it, except for the one (recently added)
> item. I know the English version of the web site is rather lazy using
> tags, but at least within one file it should be consistent?

Actually, the only consistency you manage to brake are the six (out of
eight) already complete translations that are now marked outdated.

>> When doing such change, thanks in advance for taking care of
>> translations as explained in the website documentation [0].
>>
>>   0: http://www.debian.org/devel/website/working#etiquette

May I insist about the “Update translations, too, if possible” section
on the link I just pointed out.

>> Thanks in advance for running
[...]
>> in order to also update translation-check. Feel free to also add the
>> missing </li> in translated files if you believe it is useful.
>
> Well, you cought me once not doing this (which is right, I was lazy at
> that very moment), hopefully you also notify the other people
> committing trivial changes without updating the translations.

I can't remember asking you such things, but found a similar remark from
Josip to you more than three years ago:

	http://lists.debian.org/20070603101142.GA24609@keid.carnet.hr

> Regarding tags in other translations -- I'm rather conservative there,
> as I don't speak the languages, less the script (for e.g. JP).

If you don't feel comfortable editing other language files, please, at
least, don't forget to update the translation check since your “missing
</li>” is totally optional.

If you don't intend to understand how smart_change.pl works (which is
described in the “Usage of smart_change.pl” part of the page pointed out
earlier), you can always blindly use the exact commands I handed you in
the first message, may I comment them a little bit:

# Update every translation-check that were up to date before your commit

 ./smart_change.pl -p english/devel/debian-accessibility/index.wml

# Verify your change before the commit

 cvs diff */devel/debian-accessibility/index.wml

# Actually commit your changes

 cvs commit */devel/debian-accessibility/index.wml

TIA

David

P.-S. : Please note that some cleanup in HTML validity has been recently
taken care of, but if you manage to a spot real issue that is not yet
caught by the script run daily on www-master [1] or Laurent Arnoud's one
[2], please let us know.

[1] http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/validate/
[2] https://github.com/spk/validate-website