Who's using Debian?

1. Name of organization: Freeside Internet Services, Inc., USA
2. Organization type: Commercial
3. Home page link: http://www.freeside.biz/

4. How our organization uses Debian:

We use Debian on all of our company workstations and servers (about a
dozen of each), and on 99% of the servers we deploy and support for our
customers (hundreds).  We primarily use Perl, PostgreSQL and MySQL,
Apache/mod_perl, HTML::Mason, and LaTeX.  The company founder has been a
Debian developer since 2001.

We use Debian because of the rock-solid stable releases, painless remote
upgrades and security support for oldstable for a full year.  Debian's
packaging of Perl CPAN libraries is vast and second-to-none.  The
PostgreSQL upgrade path that decouples database upgrade from OS upgrade
is invaluable.  We appreciate that Debian is not developed by a single
company.

--
Ivan Kohler
President and Head Geek, Freeside Internet Services, Inc.  http://freeside.biz/