Re: Information on incoming.debian.org

Jan Christoph Uhde asked:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/resources.html#incoming-system
> this page says packages in incoming are verified by a script called
> Katie. And has
> been approved by a FTP master. It seems to me that there is not much of
> checking on packages in incoming before they go to the pool.
>
> While
> http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors
> states that the packages are totally unverified and should not be used.
>
> What is the exact behavior of the system?

This isn't quite a website maintenance question, but I think the pages
under http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ are generated
from the package of that name, while the page
http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors looks like information
from either ftpmaster or mirrors.  So, I'd suggest asking either
debian-mirrors@lists.debian.org or maybe debian-devel@lists.debian.org
to find out which is the right story and then ask us to change
http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors if needed.

Maybe most of http://www.debian.org/devel/incoming_mirrors should be
replaced by a pointer to the developers-reference explanation anyway?

Regards,
--
MJR/slef