Re: postgresql-8.1 etch

	Hi!

 The debian-www list is about maintaining and coordinating the debian
website efforts, your question is better suited on the debian-user
mailinglist.

 Having said that:

* Samer Abdallah <samer.abdallah@elec.qmul.ac.uk> [2010-08-12 22:18:17 CEST]:
> I'm trying to track down the deb file the old postgresql-8.1 from etch
> (v8.1.19-0etch1). The repository seems to be inactive now. The debian
> website page
> 	http://packages.debian.org/etch/postgresql-8.1
> returns an error (two or more packages specified (postgresql-8.1 etch)).

 That's because the packages site doesn't offer etch information anymore
because etch is discontinued and not a supported release anymore.

> Google's cached page shows the relevant information but the download
> links don't work. I've had a good search around the net without any luck
> and I'm not sure what to try - I have an 8.1 database that I forgot to
> dump before apt-get removing my 8.1 to upgrade to 8.4 (on squeeze).
> My mistake I know but now I'm stuck. Do you have archives of these
> old distributions?

 Yes, and the archives are on http://archive.debian.org/ :)

 Enjoy, and best luck!
Rhonda
--
"Lediglich 11 Prozent der Arbeitgeber sind der Meinung, dass jeder
Mensch auch ein Privatleben haben sollte."